LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

138 NI Act - Case Filed after Limitation Period

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I am involved in a false 138 ni act case which is pending in the court for more than 6 years. We have many documentary proofs to prove that it is a false case. However, recently we found that the complainant has not filed the case in the court within the stipulated period of one month from the date of cause of action. In fact he had filed after four months. Our advocate could not locate this mistake earlier. The complainant has also not filed any petition for the delay. Instead of going through the trial and proving our innocence, can we go for a direct quash of the case in High Court? will it be admissable?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 January 2011
Yes you can go for quashing. If the lacuna in law is apparent then delay in filing the quashing petition is not a defect.
Amit Minocha (Expert) 27 January 2011
you should immediately move for it
manoj joshi (Expert) 27 January 2011
yes... one can go why to make it complicated...just file an application in d court where your case is pending..... in such a matter like n.i.act u can quesh d false n illegal application
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 27 January 2011
Agree with above opinions.
Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert) 27 January 2011
Yes. The complaint can be quashed.
Ajay Bansal (Expert) 28 January 2011
Go to High Court u/s 482 Cr.P.C. for quashing of the complaint.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query