LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suma (Senior engineer)     22 December 2012

Threat from past love.

Hello Friends,

            I am suma , working as software engineer in banglore. I have boy friend X and he knows everything about my life and my past. I was in a live in relationship before with a person Y.  And now my parents are getting me married to somebody else. I cant go against my parents will,  since i am breaking up the promise marriage with X. He is threating me that in case if i get married to somebody else , he is going to reveal everything about past and about my live in relationship with Y to my future husband and he has all the proofs, my call recordings and our chats. My family is not aware of this, Is there any law to prevent him from doing that .




 30 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 December 2012

There is no law to prevent him.  You have to convince him with the help of your trusted friends.

1 Like

vijay sharma (Advocate)     22 December 2012

dont fear at all and just tell him about your problem if he will not understand then be brave and you have the option to move a complaint in police for blackmailing you....

1 Like

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     22 December 2012

Hi Suma,

Give police complaint nerby police station , against  "X", for blackmailing you.Apart from this, if you love Mr.X, you tell your parents about this and get approval from them and marry Mr.X, if he is suitable.


1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 December 2012

X, Y, Z ... P, Q, R ...

Now, Dont get married & cheat A / B / C ...

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     22 December 2012

@ Suma 

Why dont you talk it out with your parents or some elderly relatives and convince them about your affair with Mr X .

I presume you love your boyfriend and hence should marry him  or should i say your readymade Hubby chosen by your parents is more appealing is it ?? I dont see the point getting married to some one you dont love . Hence you have to open out to your parents . There is no law to prevent him from doing ....that thing . and should that thing take place you are in deep trouble provided you convince your arranged marriage hubby about your past present affairs .

1 Like

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     22 December 2012


Please think if the same person by chance made you pregnant and you delivered a baby and left you, would you leave him simply as you expect him to be? what difference makes your activity than to that? you make two men life screwed and later if your husband comes to know think of your situation, in society you will be named different.

Best, convince your parents and apprise the situation to your live-in man and marry him

second if not possible that, tell the person wh you marry honestly, if he is broad minded ( I dont think he will agree), then marriage is best.

otherwise, you choose hell to live



TIRUCHI (LEGAL ADVISOR)     22 December 2012

Hello Dear

There is always diffrence between practical and imaginary life. No matters if u were in a relationship and now want to terminate. There is no such law which can stop him, its true but you should be brave enough and face him. you file a complaint in a concerned police station against him stating he is creating undue pressure on you constantly threatining you to involved in illicit relations. Better you first try to communicate and if it doesnt work then take a bold step and feel secure for rest of the life.


Good luck

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     22 December 2012

Disagree, legal advisor,

Going to PS, everything will come to limelight, and no one who knows these will show even an inch of inclination to marry her. You all imagine ,men seeing police will piss off, but not, when he has so many evidences, what if he hires lawyer and books her in cheating?  huh? No thoughts on other side and inviting the trouble.

Om Shanker Shrivastava (Environmental Lawyer)     22 December 2012

It's advisable to be Brave at this time. Even if he knows about your past, do not worry and go ahead with your parents will BUT sometime or later you have to disclose the same to your husband. not in details about your ex relationship but at least somthing. 

Be Brave and make that man X sure if anything intentioally done by him, you can go to any extent like police complaint etc..

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 December 2012

Your personality trait is one that of belief in polyamory i.e. free thinking progressive woman of 21st. century of urbane India who does not shy away showcausing X as her B/F then choosing Y as live-in partner and now some Z as possible husband when time to settle down from self experiments comes to thinking end. These are called transition in a triad relationship graduating from curiosity then to experiment in live-in to now settling down just like what we say in youth related discourse programs we attend to, to bring rebellious youths to mainstream for social productive utilization of their abilities; ‘been there, done that now you live and learn it’ is as simple as it expresses from the query. Such facts are easier to bring in change in orthodox parents also is my observation. Parents also need to catch-up with today’s youth and understand emerging society pressure and expectations as some of needs of the hour as point of view instead of locking children up with no real-time communication to outside world which is not the solution parent shall offer when faced with such delimmas.

In presented facts situation it is suggested to tell all about your past to your parents and allow parents to take charge and control the emerging situation out of extending protection to their own daughter’s safety, security and well being and parents do give-in after initially undergoing loads of roller coaster emotional shock being orthodox from generations they have accustomed to, provided if all these are reasoned well now by a empowered daughter.

Post all these passing phase, for future settlement of yours also tell parents to select the one who understand today’s youth’s transitions phase and one who is not as orthodox as you’re my parents!  The current proposed Mr. naturally is out in consideration zeroing down list for the time being.

Learn from the past where you spent experimental youth instead of feeling guilt about it sharing with once own parents; it was never meant ending into marriage –simple!. Hence no need to carry loads of this guilt to once grave and if same reasoned before orthodox parents they understand eventually after few reluctances and resistance.

So far as chastity of today’s youth is concerned which orthodox parents still highly treasure and give lengthy lectures about as way of thinking lifestyle they were attuned to, reason them out the dramatic transition society is adapting to and again they will give-in after few familial melodramas while agreeing to disagree youth speak but then initial dialogue motion is achieved within once own family instead of seeking just resolution from invisible social media forum.

Then tell them to contact a seasoned advocate who can by his social influence and social authority call your ex partner to his Chamber and reason out the concept of live-in and seek his assurance to leave you for good from further stalking otherwise……….

All these are achievable if one is clear and no mischief in heart for future afterall one too many parties emotions, sentiments and relationship issues resolution are at stake and need careful forward thinking handling by all concerned and BTW Sections of Law usage is not advisable when by Chamber talk issues such as this can be put to amicable ending.  

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     22 December 2012

1) There is no Act  to stop him in disclosing the facts if he has evidences,


2) He can also sue you for breaching a oral contract with the help mof the evidences he has,


3) Even if he is ordered to keep quite, the said order is not enforceable since he can go to your future husband & handover all the evidences not disclosing his identity. 


4) So, be careful & act accordingly.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     22 December 2012

Marriage is not a game, this relationship is based upon trust.......WHY U R CONCEALING FACTS FROM UR WUD BE HUSBAND......IT WIL RUIN MANY LIVES DOWN THE LANE.

Ur concern shudnt be to get rid of the threats Mr boyfriend is giving, he may stop all this non-sense by his own too. But what is the fault of ur wud be hubby, u r entering into sacred relationship wid him without disclosing that u had been in live-in relationship b4.

Be bold & make ur parents+ new family aware of ur past. If u both r truthful 2 each other & decide to move ahead, any tom d**k & harry cant blackmail u

Suma (Senior engineer)     22 December 2012

I would also like to know is it crime to hide all my past to my marrying husband .  And sice i cant prevent anyone from knowing the truth. Can my future husband divorce based on my past although if i am loyal to him in future .

venkat reddy (advocate)     22 December 2012

if he blackmails you don't leave him, fight him and teach a lesson.  otherwise, he allways distrubs your life. so that he can touch other girls also. fight for legal right   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register