Regarding income tax return

Namaste sir Meri ma teacher hai jinka salary above 5 Lakh hai but aaj tak unhone income tax file nahi kar payi hai. bcoz unka department tax jo deduct karta hai wo bas school ke tan me jama kar deta hai. individual employee ke pan me jama nahi karta. please ye bataye ish se koi problem ho sakta hai near future me??
Retired employee.

Definitely it is serious.  It is the duty of the employer to deduct and credit the tax to the individual employees PAN NO within a month from date of such deduction.  Whether one is assessee or not, every one should file returns if his annual income is over the exempted income.  Contact nearest Chartered Accountant or Auditor for more information, and this forum is dedicated for litigation guidance alone.


Any TDS deduct will be deposited on TAN of Deductor, However Deductor have adjust such TDS against Respective PAN of Individuals by Filling TDS Return. In Your case credit of TDS given to you as well. Every Person whose Gross Total Income exceed basic exemption limit liable to file his or Her Income Tax Return. Non filling of Income Tax Return will attract penalty.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x