Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

justice218 (student)     02 July 2013

Maintenance petition

Hi everyone

I have recently filed for maintenance, but obiviously husband has "managed" not to recieve the summons. Court is sending another notice. 

I would like to know, how can long he avoid recieveing the summons? 

And is there any other way in order to make him appear?

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     02 July 2013

court shall send another time if he use to manage to avoid in such case ,than the said notice shall be published in news paper giving him chance to appear than also he fails to appear than it shall continue as Ex-parte.

Regards,

Adv. NIKHIL SETH

Mumbai

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     02 July 2013

Once he is declared Ex-parte, the court will pass order against him, then you need to take police help to execute the order passed against him by the Court,  it could be his arrest.

justice218 (student)     02 July 2013

Thanks for the replies. 

So does this mean, whatever amount the court grants then husband has to pay that (no questions asked) amount? 

Can he get ex-parte removed? 

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     02 July 2013

Yes, he has to pay the amount whatever ordered by the Court in the ex-partie order.  Yes, he can file for expartie restoration petition, if he wishes to contest the case.

justice218 (student)     03 July 2013

If husband does recieve the court summons a second time for maintenance, can the summons we served on his lawyer? 

i

Kiran Kumar (Software)     09 July 2013

Remove Justice from your Name, you want maintenance from your husband, but dont want to take care of your husband or his parents, You just want his hard earned "Money", while you can enjoy with his money, You are parasites created out of our system. Better  do some job and earn money  your self instead of begging

3 Like

NJ (None)     13 July 2013

To Kiran: Exactly!!

1 Like

(Guest)

@Kiran

Such rude comments are not required...This is a legal forum not a forum for abusive people

Kiran Kumar (Software)     15 July 2013

I am sorry Justice218. Thank you red, for your suggestion. I will follow it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register