LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Will deed cancellation

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 July 2011 This query is : Resolved 
We have a family agriculture land, after my father's demise the 'Khatouni' (Land Doc) is in the name of my Mother, My elder brother and Myself. (Batour Wariss)
My elder brother forcefully registered a Will deed (TOD) by Mother (illiterate) that he will be the beneficiary of her part of land(1/3) after her death.
The copy of will deed and details are with my elder brother and we can not retain it form him.
Now My mother wants to cancel this deed (TOD) and wish that we both the brothers will be the equally beneficiaries after her.

(What and how can we do it??
My brother stay separate and Mother stay with me.)
Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (Expert) 14 July 2011
you mother can make an another will mentioning in that the previous will from this date if any stands cancelled and the property will be inherited according to this new will and get it registered in the revenue department or to the tehsildar.
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 14 July 2011
yes, i do agree expert query reply
Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Expert) 14 July 2011
Mother can make a fresh will and the earleir will should be revoked. As experts have replied earlier
THANKACHAN V P (Expert) 14 July 2011
A person can make any number of Wills during his/her life time and the last WILL will prevail.With abundant caution it is better to make a gift deed otherwise she may create another will when she resides with your brother in future.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 July 2011
Thanking you everyone for valuable guidance.
Kindly elaborate on REVOKED and Gift deed. How is the WILL deed different from gift deed.


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query