LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What should We Do now ?

(Querist) 27 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I joined my company in Feb 2008. They had provided me offer letter only after submission of original documents. In the offer letter it was mentioned that I will be in 30 days observation period and then an formal appointment letter will be issued. Our company is a private limited company. But yet no appointment letter has been issued. Our company does not provide us any pay slip. Simply they hands over an account payee cheque. They are even not maintaining EPF. As per our bond agreement. If we will leave job before 6 months, We will have to pay for our 1 month salary. They are not providing us any Casual leave or Emergency leave. But when someone leaves company, they are not returning our original documents and keep us harassing for their original certificates.
They are not giving us any leave except 7 leaves in a month. If in any case we are absent for a day. They cuts Rs. 1000 per day from our salary. That too is no where mentioned and simply deducted from our salary cheque. We can not even produce valid reasons for our absence.
Even the company had issued us a Identity card where it is clearly mentioned "This is not a proof of employment". We have even no proof that can prove we are employee of the company except attendance register at gate. As per rules of company we will not receive any experience letter if we will leave before 6 months.

I am really upset after joining such company. And filling like slave for 6 months. Can any one please suggest what should I do to receive my certificates from the company so that I could leave it. And can a company in India is allowed to take certificates and do not return them even after full filing leave procedures.
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 27 May 2008
if you come under the definition of labour, surely you can approach labour officer and give complaint, here "labour" means not the colour of your disgnation! go through labour law and indusrtial dispute

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now