LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is this property is called?

(Querist) 15 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
A person( HINDU) 'X' gets property(Partition?) from a widower 'Y' by virtue of getting married(

Illatam/Ghar jamai) to her (Widower's) daughter.And both the person in Question('X') &

Widower('Y')(His Mother in law) declares separate holdings {to Land ceilings authorities, in

the year 1975},Declaration under section 8/18 0f Andhrapradesh land reforms(Ceiling on

Agricultural Holdings) Act.1973.

My question is:

(1) The property( Through Partition?) so got to Mr.'X'is...Ancestral OR Inheritance OR Self Earned?

(2) Can He ('X')will, this property to his SON, at the cost of his DAUGHTER?

(3)Can DAUGHTER claim,Under HSA (Amendment)Act.2005?
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 15 January 2009
Dear Mr. Ramesh,

in my view,

That property is Called ancetral property because his status (double role) in that family firstly son in law and secondly acting as a son.

daughter can claim this property under HSA

sanjeev desai
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 15 January 2009
Whether a property received in partition retains the character as ancestral property or it is treated as self acquired property?
Ramesh (Querist) 24 January 2009
Dear friends,
I do have same doubt, as expressed by Mr.Palnitkar.Will some one from the EXPERT forum to clarify this please.Further the so parted property comes to the person from his Mother in law(Illarikam/Gharjamai).

This is very very URGENT.Depending on the information, i/we wants to approach CIVIL COURT for JUSTICE!

With Regards.
Ramesh (Querist) 26 January 2009
Dear Friends,

Will some one come to My/our HELP/Rescue please?
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 06 February 2009
Section 17 of The Hindu section Act,

special provisions respecting persons governed by Aliyasantanalaws.

Ramesh (Querist) 27 February 2009
Dear Friends,

If it is mentioned in the will ( of 'X') as the property in QUESTION, is inherited from 'Y'; can 'X' will this property to any one he likes to?

With regards...
Kamlesh soni (Expert) 02 March 2009
i do agree with my above friends
Ramesh (Querist) 03 March 2009
Dear Friend Kamalesh soni,

with which friends,you agree? Be clear in your reply please!

I request Friends from the forum to,kindly go through my Whole Question and give the Solution please;Hope some one will come to my Rescue.

With Regards....
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 03 March 2009
whether the property of mother in law i.e. Y was her self acquired property?
Ramesh (Querist) 04 March 2009
Dear Sir,

No,the property came to 'Y',from her Husband.
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 07 March 2009

dear sir,

1. It will become as an ancestral property, being double role as son-in-law and son.

2. The daughter can also claim the property as per the provisions of the Hindu Succession act(amendment)2005.
Ramesh (Querist) 08 March 2009
Dear B B R GOUD sir,

Thank you very much,for the reply.
Friends, any more views?
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 12 March 2009
According to Hindu Law the property to be ancestral in nature should be four generation old ie,this property in question should be owned by the great grandfather passed on to the present fourth generation

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query