(Expert) 21 August 2008
i am posting one format please modify accordingly as per your state lawTHE WEST BENGAL SOCIETIES REGISTRATION ACT 1961 MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF
1. Name of the Society : The name of the society shall be
2. Registered Office : The registered office of the society shall be situated at ………………………………, or at any other place in the state of West Bengal which the society may decide following the relevant provisions
3. Aims & objects : The aims and objects for which the above non-profit making society is established are:
4. Governing Body : The names, address and descriptions of the present members of the Governing Body to whom the management of the affairs of the Society is entrusted are as follows: Sl.No. NAME ADDRESS DESCRIPTION 1 Jt. Secretary 2 3 Treasurer 4 5 Secretary 6 7 President
3. We the undersigned whose names, address and occupations are hereinto subscribed, are desirous of forming into a society in pursuance of this Memorandum of Association
SL. No. NAME ADDRESS OCCUPATION SIGNATURE 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
REGULATIONS OF ----------------------------------------------- Unless the context otherwise requires, words and expressions contained in these Regulations shall bear the same meaning as in the West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961 or any statutory modification thereof.
Membership: Any person, over 18 years of age, irrespective of caste, creed or religion and who agrees in writing to be bound by the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the Society, may be admitted as a member of the Society.
Class of members: The Society shall have three classes of members: a) Founder Members: The following persons shall be the Founder Members of the Society and will remain so life and be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership: b) Ordinary Members: Any person, qualified to be a member, by paying an ordinary membership fee per month along with an admission fee payable at the time of admission which shall be determined by the Governing Body from time to time may be admitted as an Ordinary Member of the Society to the approval of the Governing Body. c) Honorary Members: Any person, whose connection with the society is deemed to be useful, may with the consent of such person be elected as honorary member of the Society. Such members will be eligible to be present in the meeting, express opinion and but will have no voting rights. The honorary member will not be required to pay subscriptions, but will not be barred from donating if any. Cessation of Membership: Any member of the Society shall cease to be a member: a) On his/her resignation from membership by a letter addressed to the Secretary; b) On his/her becoming insane or insolvent; c) On his/her conviction of any offence in connection with the formation, promotion, management or conduct of affairs of a society or a body corporate or of any offense involving moral turpitude. d) Intentionally doing any act detrimental to the interest of the society or willfully disobeying any bye-laws; e) On his death Register of Members: The Society shall maintain a Register of members containing the names, addresses and their occupations, the date of admission and the date of cessation. The Register will be kept open for inspection by the members of the society on requisition. Right & Obligations of Members: a) Any member except honorary members has the right to elect and to be elected in any election of the society; b) To submit suggestion for discussion to the Executive Committee and Sub Committee on any matter; c) To inspect the accounts of the society on appointment with the Secretary; d) To forgo his membership after due to information in writing to the Executive Committee; e) To pay his/her
(Expert) 21 August 2008
There are two things here, First do you want to open a Trust as per Indian Trust Act 1882 or a Society as per the state law.
Both can be opened to set up an NGO. But the compliance aspects differ from one another.