LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer property with least expenses

(Querist) 27 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I hace a plot and a house [three seperate in on building] registered in my name. Plot was registered in the registrar's office. I assume the house is also legally mine now. As this is the only asset that our father has left for us i want to give one house each to my sister and brother. My father is alive. I would like to know 2 things. [1] Can my father create any problem legally? What are the documents that i have to check to ensure the plot is entirely mine. [2] Which is the method to trasfer the plot with least expenses and without the involvement of my sister or brother?......
The plot wae purchased by my dad with his money and registered in my name with the Registrar. After an year a house was built. The Elec. Bill is in my name. I thinks the water, property tax is paid in my name. For more detilsa about this i need a week's time. But do reply with the available details
Guest (Expert) 28 May 2008
There is no question of denying share to your brother and sister. The plot will be equally available to all of you. Your father can depose it in his lifetime, all of you cannot stop him. Electricty or water connection doesnot give you ownership rights. They are useless.

Your father can write a registered will ensuring that after his death the property is properly shared by you.
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 30 May 2008
1) as the properties are registerd in your name, you are the absolute owner, any one can create legal problem if they decide to create, but dont loose heart, as the tilte deeds are standing in your name you dont have to worry.
2) there is no method to transfer the properties without the consent of the transferee, except the will! with out involvement of your brother and sister you cannot transfer the property in thiere name except will.
3) the property can be transferred to your sis and brohter with least expneses is by executing partition deed, the draw back is that you have to acept that the propertyis joint family property, and after taht you cannot say that the property is your absolute property. think twice before making partition deed, because your sister and brother may make problems if they wish
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 25 January 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :