30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tds/service tax

Guest (Querist) 06 July 2012 This query is : Resolved 
If a professional say C.A.works on acontract basis in a Company, whether he will be liable to pay any service tax for the financial year 2012-13?If yes, whether it will be necessary for him, to obtain any registration under the Service Tax Act?Whether in the above case , he will be liuable to pay Income Tax u/s 194J as well as Service Tax under the Service Tax Act?

Is the same provision applicable to a director?
Ganesh babu (Expert) 14 May 2013
if ca professional receipts in a financial year exceeds 10 lakhs he is liable to charge service tax and the same may be deposited by him self to department

and tds 194J applicable

in case of director we have to see what is his relation with company

if he is an employee it can be 192B
if it is professional receipts it can be 194J

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query