Society formation charges

Hi,

I bought an 2000 sqft NA plot in a gated community spanning over 33 acres. There are amenities being provided by the builder/promoter of the said land. They will be starting to ask for maintenance charges for 1 year at 1rs /sqft once all the work is done from their side( as per RERA, scheduled to be completed by June 2021).

They are also asking us to pay 35000 rs as a charge from all the plot owners to form a society after a period of 1 year (most likely by June 2022) once the maintenance period is over.
There are a total of 400 plots, which means builder would be collecting around 1.4 cr from us in the name of society formation charges. Is this legal to ask this much amount for the formation of society? If no, what are the actual charges for this?

You need not wait for Builders to form an Society. In many States including Delhi and Maharashtra 10 Plot/Flat owners are Enough to form an Society

chaman srivastavaOnline (Querist)

Hi Sir,

Which is fine, but he is mentioning in the sale deed that we would have to pay 35,000 and asking us to sign it.

chaman srivastavaOnline (Querist)

Also what is the legal charges to form a society? Is it a fixed cost or varies as per number of plots / flats etc.?

Once you Sign you have to follow that.

chaman srivastavaOnline (Querist)

And that is why I am asking what are the charges to form a society? 1.4 cr seems like too much

To form a society, to my best, it will cost a maximum of Rs.5000/-. The charges of registration of housing society vary from one State to another State.

chaman srivastavaOnline (Querist)

Thank you for the information - I believe 1.4 cr is not needed then

chaman srivastavaOnline (Querist)

I have asked to changed the text and sentence as “to give the share as pro rata basis”

×