LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sc certificate

(Querist) 06 July 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Sir i am resident of delhi having SC certificate issued by delhi authority and accordingly working in government department being selected from SC category. My question is that my hometown is Rajasthan, I want to get the benefit of reservation from Rajasthan also so can i apply for another SC certificate from Rajasthan government while surrender the earlier Delhi SC certificate. Pls do advise.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 06 July 2024
To remove the difficulty faced by the persons belonging to the Scheduled castes and the Scheduled tribes who have migrated from one state/ union territory to another to obtain the caste certificate from State/UT to which they have migrated it had been clarified to all state governments and the UT administrators, vide Ministry of Home Affairs letters dated 18.11.1982 and the 06.08.1984 that the prescribed authority of the State Government/ UT from another state/UT on the production of a genuine certificate that is issued to the father or the mother by the concerned State or UT of the father’s mother’s origin, except where the prescribed authority feels that detailed inquiry is necessary through the State of origin before issuing the certificate. The certificate is issued irrespective of the question is scheduled or not about the State/UT to which the person has migrated.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now