LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sales Invoice

(Querist) 31 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

I have purchased a Water Purifier from Eureka Forbes from the distributor for Rs.8000/- Plus VAT 12.5% which amounting of Rs.9000/- and received a bill of the same amount.

But there is a problem in the Water Purifier, it is leaking from the tap and have requested to him to change the water purifier but no response from 2-3 days. At last without any other option, I have returned the matter to him and ask for the money. But he has refused to give me full amount of Rs.9000/- becuase of VAT 12.5% which amounting 1000/-. He told me that if you want get back your money then I will deduct the Tax and give you Rs. 8000/- only nothing else.

This is my requet to pls advise me because the original is lying with me. My question is that can he not cancel the bill and return the full amount.

Pls advise in the case.

Regards ,

sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 31 January 2009
You can file a consumer complaint before consumer forum
rajesh garg (Expert) 31 January 2009
u r entitle to received full amount of Rs.9,000.00.Vat is adjustable or refundable if saless goods has returned.
chitragya (Querist) 02 February 2009
Dear Mr. Garg,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

But I have already convinced the shopkeeper about the VAT will not be applicable if the goods returned. But he has not agreed with me.

Pls let me know what I can do in that case.



ARVIND JAIN (Expert) 02 February 2009

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query