LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Right to information

(Querist) 22 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
To obtain information from the Government, is it necessary that such information should be made first from the department of the District inspite of asking directly to the Secretary of the Department who has more information on the matter?
Regarding fees for the information can we also put stamp in spite of the cheque or cash amount?
Guest (Expert) 22 August 2008

You can approach the proper designated officer in the Secretary office itself. You make an application to the concerned person in the secretary office and let him reject it directing you to go to the District. You will see that he will not do that.

You have to pay in cash or by DD or by Banker's cheque. Not by a stamp.

The fees circular is avaialble on this link
N.K.Assumi (Querist) 22 August 2008
kumar sachin (Expert) 23 August 2008
thanx for the link sir
K.C.Suresh (Expert) 24 August 2008
RI Act is specific about the procedure. There are some Information officers designated under the Act for giving information. Approach them.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
Thanks all of you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query