25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Registred Trust

(Querist) 03 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 

Need your help to understand onces right of information to obtain aganist a registred trust in my locality.

We have a registred Trust runed by some old timers and this trust run a school too, we some people in this are feel that people in trust are mis approprating the funds and property of trust hence need to take some action. What are our rights being citizen of this area?? can we file a RTI to know the modus opernudi of operation ??? do this kind of trusts cover under RTI act????? please help.
Legal Eagle (Expert) 03 February 2009
From what you have stated, it seems that it is a Charitable Trust. Please clarify whether it is in Mumbai, Gujarat or any other place. This is because if it is in Mumbai or Gujarat, then it has to be registered with the office of the Charity Commissioner and they have to file their budget and any change in the investment. You can go to the office of the Charity Commissioner and take search of the papers and proceedings. If you find any discrepancies, then you can move the concerned Deputy / Assistant Charity Commissioner. You can also seek inspection under the RTI Act.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 03 February 2009
If you have any grievences agaist a public trust then you can contact charity commissioner for your complaint.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 03 February 2009
I do agree with Mr. arunprakaash.m.
Manish Singh (Expert) 04 February 2009
if the said trust is not getting substantial grant from any public authority, they are not covered by the RTI act. hence no liability.
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 04 February 2009
If it is a public charitable trust, you can issue notice, seek information through RTI and of course you can also file a civil suit against them.
Manish Singh (Expert) 05 February 2009
Dear Mr. Perumal,
as far as the RTI Act is concerned, it is applicable only o public authorities or other authoritites which avail substantial grant or fund from any public authority under sec 2.
please provide and enlighten us the recent development/ authority/ case law which makes it mandatory for a public charitable trust (even without govt aid) to provide info under the Act.
smilingadvocate (Expert) 05 February 2009
I agree with my above friends
Kamlesh soni (Expert) 02 April 2009
I agree with my above friends

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query