LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Registration during land dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Hi sir,
Iam keerti. I have purchased land in 2021 july, from a person (B) , but that land belongs to a converted Christian (A) (sc) ( but i don't know whether he has sc in his caste certificate or not) , and it is inam land, but inam abolished in 2007. This sc(A) person made sale agreement on this land with some (X) in 2010, at that time land didn't partitioned , land is not on his(A) name, land has came to his authority only on 2012 after family partition deed, he (A) sold this land to Mr ( B ) on dec 2015, then ( X ) filed a suit in jan 2016 that A is violating sale agreement which is in made in 2010. A and B facing that issue and they sold to me this land 2021 hiding this suit, (A and his family were witness of our registration) , I thoroughly checked the records and taken loan on this land, I got notice on June 2023, to join as D3. Now I came to know that this D1 ( A) sated and defending as he is sc (PTCL act) and that land is inam land (inam land act 1978)so that he cannot register that land , that registration can be cancel, and we (A and B) have mutual understanding and we made agreement that whenever he (A) gives debt amount to B within 3 years then he (B)has to re register that land to (A) .
( But that land is in our possession ) , So I came to know that this A is fraud , trying to cheat us and cancel our registration to get back his land.
So please help me and tell what will happen to me
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 31 March 2024
I opine the inam lands cannot be sold /purchased by anybody, without first converting the inam land into "free hold" land by conducting due procedure of law, through the office of the district collector.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 31 March 2024
There has been a large scale fraud took place in this land dealing.
You have been duped to the core.
It is incorrect to say that you had taken diligent steps to find that this is a genuine property.
The bank manager is not an authority to give his opinion, he has been managed to give loan by unscrupulous touts hence the bank cannot be relied upon in this opinion.
Since you have purchased the property by a registered sale deed and also enjoying the possession of the property, you can strongly deny and refuse to vacate.
The court will intervene and arrange for an alternate dispute arrangement, if it is not possible for reconciliation, then the court may pass orders on merits.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 April 2024
Thank you sir. I came to know that PTCL act not applicable for ancestral inam property, am I safe, I think so
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 02 April 2024
If you think you are safe then you are safe but when the law takes its own course of action then you will be bound by the decision of the court
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 April 2024
How to contact you sir to discuss, how to overcome from this issue
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 April 2024
If you want to contact any advocate of this forum you may first send a request for appointment through the email address available in their profile and then discuss with the chosen advocate on their terms.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now