30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Re: Wife threatening to file false Dowry Case against me and my family.

(Querist) 24 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Xperts!

My wife 28 yrs old, left matrimonial house since 2 months, living with her parents, abducted my 10 months old daughter, is not willing to come back. Her family is supporting her in this decision. I live alone with my wife and my dauther. Her lawyer has fabricated a false case against me and my family alleging that we have thrown her out of the house. My family physically abuses her daily, keeps her hungry, beats her up and ask for favours like car, shop, house, money etc.

All the allegations are baseless and false. Ours was a love marriage 5 years back registered in Mumbai, Bandra Court. Nor me nor anybody from our family ever asked for dowry or any kind of monetary benefits. In fact, I started my matrimonial life with her on a rent house.

The fact is that she has left my house as she was not willing to take care of me nor my family, who comes very rarely, only in festivals. She has clearly showed her intent that she does not want to live with me and that I should respect her as an individual and let her go off her.

Now, her lawyer has drafted 100% false petition with filmy stories along with a false dowry written complaint. She has'nt filed it yet! But through reliable sources I came to know this (wife's father). He has sent me emails which is requested me to calm down as he is trying his best to make her understand and send her back to me. My FIL has no standing in the house. His wife and three daughters are ruling the house with extreme domination. He is left helpless with no guts or determination to slap her daughter and send her back to me.

On top of that, last week, one of the witnessess of our marriage, contacted me and gave me a whole set of email evidences that clearly indicated that she has had an alleged affair with this guy from the same vicinity.

Another evidence I have is her handwritten diary which clearly admits that she canot forget this guy and has been involved with him before and after marriage.

If I file for a divorce, she will go ahead with the Dowry Case and get us all arrested. What I am suppose to do. All requests and condolenses to bring her back home has been in vain.

Please advice.

Much Appreciated.
Atuliya (Expert) 27 January 2011
You need to contact a lawyer who'll guide you in the matter.
A false case is nothing to worry about. Even the judges now have begun to accept that more often than not the female on the advice of her lawyer and other supposed well wishers create the allegations. You'll not get arrested simply because you are filing a case.
If you need any help fell free to contact.
Good luck to you
Amit Minocha (Expert) 28 January 2011
seek help of a local lawyer

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query