Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Query regarding for applying new pan card

(Querist) 25 October 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

I have a Pan No. But i have it since last 7-8 years i applied when i was studying, that time i was in 11th standard. I applied it in Haryana because of some networking companies. But now i am working in delhi and want to pay ITR with a new Pan no not with old one. Kindly tell me the procedure of it.


Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 25 October 2012
File form with NSDL or UTI.
you can download form at

at Pan
change for PAN Data
A V Vishal (Expert) 26 October 2012
Same person holding two pan numbers is an offence, your interest is filing your tax returns and paying income tax so it does not matter whether you do it with old number unless there is some ulterior motive.

PS: Shailesh can you brief me how the number is changed while there is no provision in the rules to do so. Please go through the form to see if there is such a provision before replying to any post
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
Thank you sir for your valuable reply. But for this i have to give all my new documents in which addresses has changed as well as sur name also because photo also has been removed on it.Is there no any provision to cancel the old one and apply for the new one.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 26 October 2012
@Mr. Hitesh Goyal
As per my earlier reply that download form as mentioned. Thereafter fill form and tick in colum 7 and coloum 11 mentioned that pan, which is not to use. and tick appropriate colum, in which you wish to change.

@Vishal Sir,

I hope, you got my reply. regret for not detailing reply.
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
Dear Shailesh sir,

i have download that form you said. By this form my pan no will be change through my new documents or will be the same.

A V Vishal (Expert) 26 October 2012
@Hitesh, Power to cancel is vested with the jurisdictional officer and it cannot be used discretionally by him.
A V Vishal (Expert) 26 October 2012
Okay got it I missed the line that the querist has two PAN Cards
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 26 October 2012
@Mr.Hitesh Goyal

You have well advised, It is also suggested that take help of professional with all relevant documents to sort out your problem.
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
so finally what should i do. which is best for me.
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
@Shailesh sir: In this form column no 7 for addresses: i ll fill my latest address which is already on my all documents. But what about column no 11: there i have to mention my old pan no..?
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
@vishal sir : i do not have two pan cards, and i do not want to keep also. I just want to change because of this pan card is very old and till i have not return my file which I want to update. As i said before i applied my pan when i was in school and now i am working so do not want to any problems in future.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 26 October 2012
@Mr.Hitesh Goyal

Do Following:-
1.Print out form
2.Fill all details in the form
3.Tick in which you wish to change
4.Attach current address proof.

there is no need to fill colum no 11, if you have one pan.

If you find difficulty in filling form, take assistance of Professional at delhi.
Hitesh goyal (Querist) 26 October 2012
@Shailesh sir : As you saying now addresses and photo will change only. And you asked me not to fill column no 11. And top of the form asking for pan no. there i have to write my pan which i already have.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 27 October 2012
Dear Mr.Hitesh,

You are already sufficiently advised.Now, Please go to NSDL office with form and all relevant document. The officer of NSDL will help you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query