LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Points tobe taken care during purchase of immovable property / flat in Mumbai

(Querist) 14 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir,

I want to purchase a flat in Mumbai subarb (i.e not in town side).

I will be highly oblige if you can give the direction as to what documents required as well as other important points to be take care.

Waiting for your positive reply

arorars_05 (Expert) 14 January 2009
Mr Deepak,

before going to sign the any agreement you must verify the following documents in the possession of seller:
1. title Deed 2. Mutation in his name 3. Sanctioned Plan 4. Last 13 year chain of documents 5. Verify the record from the Registrar weather the property is mortgages or not.
AEJAZ AHMED (Expert) 14 January 2009
Dear Deepak,

Mr. Arora is correctly replied to your querry;

Before to purchase the Flat, Please verify the Present Record in the Office of the concerned Registrar:
(a) Is there any Loan on the either obtained by the seller Or any due if he purchased on Loan.
(b) Is there any Mortgaged registered in Records.
(c)Whether Flat stood on the name of the seller, from whome you are purchasing.

Further verify, what is the Title Deed of the Flat, is it Registered Sale Deed, Lease Deed, stood on the name of the person from whome you are going to purchase.

Link Sale Documents, either after construction of the Apartment, or if possible before to construction of the same.

After, verification of all the records, if you consider for more satisfication of yourself you can publish a "General Public Notice" in any Local/Regional News paper regarding your intention of purchasing the Flat after payment of any earnest amount.

Then, you can go for the payment of full amount and registration/mutation in the concerned authoriy on your name.
sanjay singh thakur (Expert) 14 January 2009
Dear Deepak
Your queries has largely been replied by Mr. Arora and Mr. Aezaz Ahmad.Just follow the said guidelines.Besides above suggestion I only request you to ensure the Development Agreement between Land Owner and Developer and further ensure that the flat to be purchased by you falls into the share of person from whom you are going to purchase. Also verify in the Office of District Sub Registrar whether the said flat is in the name of any other person or not.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query