LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mhada property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I bought a MHADA property in Mumbai from allottee in 2011 .. he sold the property to me and gave me POA and the original file .. he sold it as soon as it was allotted …

Now I want to transfer it on my name … the original allottee is not there ..

1- what is the way to get it transferred on my name ?

2- can this be done under amnesty scheme ?

3- can the documents be adjudicated now after 14 years ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 21 June 2024
The POA is not a title deed.
You have not bothered to take any action to get the property registered to your name so far from the year 2011.
You have to look for the original allottee and get the property registered to your name, without him you cannot claim title to the property.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 21 June 2024
Did the allottee get permission to give you the POA? To my best, once MHADA allotted a property to an allottee, he cannot sell or transfer the property until the allottee gets permission from MHADA. The POA is not a ownership or title deed. Why did you keep silent all these years? The original allottee gets permission now and after that, he shall execute a sale deed in your favour. Now you are not the titled holder and cannot claim anything.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now