LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legal heir of a dead hindu wife--

(Querist) 13 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Hi.. A property was bought my Mrs X in 1985. She dies in 1993. She has 3 married daughters.they give the father a notarized document saying that he is the heir to his wife and they have no objection in selling the property. He gives a power of attorney to another person. the person who took the power can he sell the land. if i buy will that give me a clear title?

actually the daughters have in given a notarised rs100 stamp paper deed " authorise our father (mr X) to get the ownership of the plot...........transferred to his name.we hereby declare we have no objection in doing the same" mr X based on this gave power of atorney to mr y. can i buy from mr.y. he says he (mr y)will give a receipt of assurance for the total amount what are the problems which i will face.
kumar sachin (Expert) 13 June 2008
first verify, does tht PoA gives right to sell the property to the holder. u may purchase the same and get the sale deed executed from MrX and his daughters signs the sale deed as witness to tht transaction. but before tht ask Mr. X to get his name mutated in all the nexessary govt. records. so tht before transfering the right n title to u, Mr X should hold a legal and clear right n title over the property.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 13 June 2008
Dear Gopinaath,
As the facts narrated by you; you may buy the property by Mr. y.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 14 June 2008
It can be only treated as a power of attorney. to get a clear title the daughters must execute RELEASE DEED and the same should be registered with the subregistrar office. The Daughters does not have a power to appoint a father as a heir. It is a legal right.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
Thanks all of you.
I do agree with views and/or valuable opinions of our ld. members/friends.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query