LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inheritance of self aquired property

(Querist) 13 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
my grandfather having a self aquired property ( 3 sons and 1 daughter ) died without making a will. there are 3 extracts in his personal diary mentioning the distribution of his self aquired property to his sons, daughter and myself (grandson). but unfortunately these extracts are not signed by my grandfather. i have been living and taking care of my grandmother (who died in 2007) for 18 years in the now disputed flat which my uncles are objecting. i am still in possession of the said flat, electricity meter is on my name since 2005, telephone bills and other correspondence etc is also in my name.
all the sons and 1 daughter have gor a flat each but now the uncles are eyeing the flat i possess since my grandmother is no more.
can my uncles throw me out of the house???
Please advise further course of action.
Manish Singh (Expert) 13 June 2008
Nobody can throw you out of that house. dont worry.
But the properties shall be treated as an ancestral one and every firts class heir shall be entitled for their shares.
Guest (Expert) 13 June 2008
Legal you can claim through your father by way of inhertitance, But the mention in diary, will not help.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 14 June 2008
enforce your rights through legal means. file a caveat petition or file injunction to resttraining you from ejectment from the said flat. But your names in electricity telephone bill may not help you. you can prove or support that possession is with me.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query