LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Huge amount debited for my Card

(Querist) 23 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I am using GE Money Cash Card from 02 years. Every month i am paying dues within due date only.

for this month my due date is 13/06/08
unfortunately, for this month i paid in after due date i.e 18/06/08. GE people debited my account late fee Rs.300/-after debiting late late fee my limit was exceeded

then next day again they debited Rs.500/- as overlimit fee

i agree to pay Rs.300/- as late fee and i requested to GE Customer Care for waiver of over limit fee Rs.500/- but, they just ignore my request

now, what can i do ;

pl. help me in this regard


Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 23 June 2008
Now i hope it would became clear to you that you cannot sign on forms without verifying the same. The forms signed by you contains a clause that you are bound to agree the charges they levy and consented for its hike. However you can lodge a complaint with banking ombudsman or you can file a consumer complaint.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 23 June 2008
This is the usual practice of the merchant bankers to charge fine or fees for the no fault of the customers. You first issue notice to them if it does not work you can give lawyers notice for further exploitation.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 13 April 2009
First u make an enquiry about the conditions of the bank. Almost all private banks charges and hidden. It is better to issue legal notice to the bank.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query