Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fair rent case

(Querist) 24 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed a petition for fair rent u/s - 17(6) of the west Bengal Premises Act in 2014 before the Additional Rent Controller at Alipur judges Court, Kolkata. The opposite party is my tenant. The matter is still as of date lingering since 2014. The hearing date was fixed several times. But due to reasons like the opposite party was sick, the post of the ARC was vacant for a long time, then covid - 19 pandemic, till date the hearing never happened. Is there any way to apply for speedy disposal of the case with the higher court?
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 25 January 2022
You can approach High Court seeking for time frame disposal of the rent control proceedings pending before Rent Controller.

High Court have ample powers of superintendance under Article 226 of Indian Constirution.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query