LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Execution of Special Power of Attorney

(Querist) 17 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I stay in Delhi and intend to purchase a plot in Chennai. How can I execute a Special Power of Attorney in favour of my brother to appear before the Registring Authority.

1. Can I execute and register the SPA here in Delhi.
2. Will the SPA have to be registered where the porperty lies.
3. If it has to be done in Chennai. Is my presence necessary?

PLease explain in detail
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 17 June 2008
Either you can issue a Special POA or you can sign on representative form. The Registration authority empowers a representative to appear on behalf of the buyer and sign on relevant documents. If you are interested in executing a POA inspite of the same you have to execute the same in your place of residence i.e., delhi. If you want the format i can mail both representation form as well as special POA also contact me at my mail id thank you
Guest (Expert) 18 June 2008
Srinivas has answered 1.

Regarding others
2. SPA need not be registered where the property lies, it should registered at place where the executant resides or operates in normal course of his business.

3. Once a valid SPA is given to your attorney, there is no need of you presence for the registration.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 18 June 2008
You can execute the special power of attorney at the subregistrar office at delhi itself. It is enough to give power to your brother to do regisstration procedure of your indended property. You need not go to chennai.
Ashey (Expert) 03 April 2009
you can executed and register Special POA at Delhi in favour of ur brother to purchase property at Chennai
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
I do agree with views and/or valuable opinions of our ld. members/friends. Thanks all of you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query