Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Domestic Violence Act

(Querist) 29 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
can the proceeding before the protection officer be quashed or stayed by the court? which court can quash or stay the proceeding?
Guest (Expert) 29 January 2009
It appears that the proceedings can be challenged before the hon'ble High Court under writ jurisdiction (Article 226 read with Section 482 of Cr. P. C.). But it should be seen actually on what grounds the proceedings are being challenged? If the protection officer is holding the proceedings under 9 (2), the Magistrate will become party. If the proceedings are under 19(1)(h), the order under Section 20 should be challenged in appeal before the Sessions Court.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 29 January 2009
i do agree with Mr. Prabhakar
ARVIND JAIN (Expert) 30 January 2009

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query