What to use stamp paper or letterhead for contract

Please guide me, if I want to enter into contract for marketing or any misc. work then that contract should be executed on stamp paper or it can be executed on letterhead of our company also. For legal purpose what is more useful stamp paper or letterhead for normal contract. please advice.riven

Manish Singh (Expert)

the same being a contract must be entered into on a stamp paper of requisite value according to the Infian Stamp Act. the stap duty shall be payable as per the state' stamp schedule. generally its Rs 50 bt some states have provision of Rs 100 too.riven

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert)

himanshu ji,
it is differ state wise.
riven

Stamp Paper is better advisable.riven

joyce (Expert)

I agree with Manish and raj.riven

Bhumik DaveOnline (Expert)

The provision of stamp is differ state to state. And better way is used stamp paper for contract.riven

Adinath@Avinash PatilOnline (Expert)

Mr.Himanshu,
The contract should be entere on proper stamp paper.The stamp duty is varied as per state stamp Act.The contract on companies letter head is not legaly valid.riven

×