25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Competent court to issue declaratory decree

(Querist) 03 September 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear experts, I require your help in the following:

Which court is competent to give a judgement in rem - To be specific - A declaratory decree of Adoption. Some say, only a district court or its equalent is the only competent court. -- If so, please give me the reference with regard to the section and also any citation of HC or SC.

I tried but I could not get cogent information. I request you to please do some research for my sake. Thank you all.

GOPI KRISHNA (Expert) 03 September 2008
normally it is District court, to be specific please elaborate your prayer and facts
davinder (Expert) 03 September 2008
in my opinion it will differ case to case. in your case you can make General Public a party as defendant . the judgement passed by the civil court on this basis will be ajudgement in rem
Murali Krishna (Querist) 03 September 2008
Dear Gopi Krishna, the question is "What is the competent court to issue a declaratory decree of adoption? -- As I said earlier, some said only district judge is competent to issue declaratory decree and no court lower than district court is competent to issue declaratory decrees - Is it true? - If so, please provide the provisions of the Act or any citations.

I request Sri Rajan Salvi, Sri Harbhajan Thukral, Sri Sanjay Dixit, Sri Gupta, Sri Arun Prakash, Sri Manish Singh, Sri B.S.S.T Sinivas also to pl elucidate on the issue by taking some of their valuable time. Thank you all.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query