LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Child custody matter - evidence

(Querist) 07 December 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear experts,

I am representing myself in a child custody matter against my ex-wife. Child is 10 years old. Case is at the stage of respondent evidence. I plan to introduce into evidence, her prior false statements in the divorce case (disposed in 2019). I plan to apply for certified copies of judgements and orders (final and IA) in the divorce matter. However, I was told by a junior advocate that courts do not supply us with certified copies of petitions and counters. Is that true? In that case, how do we list them as evidences, because I only have Xerox copies of her past petitions, counters and arguments in which she made many false averments and some admissions as well which contradict her statements now that I have elicited during her cross exam. Can I ask that Xerox copies can be listed in the respondent evidence?

Thanks.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 02 April 2022
You can apply for a true copy of the material. Consult the Superintendent/Serishdar of the court concerned.