LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a quashing

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My daughter-in-law has lodge 498A IPC against me, my wife & my son after 5 years of saperation. She is residing in another district.

Police did not send any notice to me u/s 41 CRPC, but submitted Chargesheet against us.

Complainent did not mention anything about date, time, place, reason, witness of torture.

Can I move to high court to quash complaint since,
1) No notice serve to me u/s 41 CRPC.
2) I am residing in different district, hence that the district court where matter is pending have no jurisdiction.
3) No specific date, time, place, reason is mentioned in complaint.
4) The case is filed 5 years after saperation.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 05 July 2022
Yes, you have merit in your case for quashing of FIR.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query