LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

test singh (xyz)     10 May 2012

Want divorce


me and my wife want sepration at very fast both are agree so we want to use such ground on which we can get sepration at very fast. so we decided to use ground "impotancy" and my wife will file the case against me on thr ground impotancy and i am also agree but in actual i m not impotant but ready to accept it in court ,we dont have baby and she is not pregnant . our marrige is 1.3yrs old  we want fast sepration because we both want to settle in other countries and want to settle our lives sepratly so would you plz give me the following answer:

1. Is this ground will give me problem in the future?

2. how much fast we can get sepration? how many hearing i can get decree?

4. how i will prove impotancy where as i admitting it?

5. can court can ask for medical certificate but my wife will blame me for impotancy and i will admit it?


 9 Replies

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     11 May 2012

why not MCD??????

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     11 May 2012

Dear Mr. Singh

When both of you were redy to divorce, you should filed a Mutual consent divorce and get the divorce decree very soon. in this contested case you can get the decree against yourself within one year if you represen before the court very well.


Dear Mr. Singh,

It seems that you are very much sick of staying with your wife and that under that desperation, you are not even thinking the consequences of the admittance what you going to make in the court of law.

I can understand the problems you are facing; in fact many of us are facing the similar problem. Many smart and misguided girls are taking advantage of our judicial system except a few genuine cases. However, in my opinion choosing a false ground for the divorce is not prudent. You can go for mutual consent divorce as the learned counsel Mr. Nadeem suggested.

Further, I feel that you must go for divorce, as I realize that even a minute in presence of a bad partner is a torture on soul.

Wish you all the best...

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 May 2012

Also MCD is quickest method for both of u. 6months n its over.

sri (ceo)     11 May 2012

i feel impotency will delay your divorce...

judge may say... its unbelievable after seeing you... will put you to hammer test...

shock test... cough test... narco test... whether you are telling truth...

if you willingly accept... he has more doubt...

better go for mcd or let her file divorce and exparte...

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     12 May 2012

This is not the accepted way. The best way is to go for Mutual Consent Divorce when both of you agree. It is the quickest & takes least numbers of hearings.


What about the other issues after MCD? Like maintenance etc. What does law say about this?

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     12 May 2012

All other issues will be exactly as to be mentioned in the MCD Petition being mutually agreed by both the parties.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 May 2012

All maint issues, property issues will be covered in MCD draft. LIFE WITHOUT TENSION, U KNOW!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register