LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   12 July 2016

Register marraige rules

What are the procedures to get register marriage now? when i enquired nearby register office they say that parents are mandatory to be present at the register office. We are lover of different religion. Hindu and christian and live in chennai. Both have address proof in chennai.

Can some one guide me what is the procedure to get register marraige ASAP..

Learning

8 Replies

Khush   12 July 2016

as per various orders of high courts, a registrar can not force adult married couple to produce their parents for witnesses. you hv address of chennai, just take marriage photographs, addrss proofs, u can produce ur friends as witnesses, Regstrar can not deny at all

kumar   12 July 2016

Hi, We planned to do the marriage without parent notice. Its love marriage and i have my friends to help me. How to proceed on this situations

Am in chennai..

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     12 July 2016

Dear Kumar,

If you file an application for marriage before Sub - Registrar office. They will place that in notice board for 30 days for any objections. After 30 days they will declare your marriage and issue Marriage certificate.

Better option is to marry in any temple receive Temple certificate and capture photos of temple marriage and file application for issue Marriage Certificate before Sub- Registrar office with said documents, both of your address proff, DOB and along with 3 witnesses signatures.   

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     12 July 2016

Dear Ram,

Better option is to marry in any temple/ Church and receive Temple/ Church certificate and capture photos of marriage and file application for issue Marriage Certificate before Sub- Registrar office with said documents, both of your address proff, DOB and along with 3 witnesses signatures.   

Parents are not required before Sub- Registrar office.

3 Witnesses ( Friends ) are sufficients.

Consult an advocate they will make the procedure easy for you.

rocky   12 July 2016

i want some suggestion urgently that is there any legal procedure for marigge between person of prohibited relationship.

Mukesh sharma (job )     13 July 2016

Hi ram their no any burden you present to your parents in courts if you are mature and you have your address proof than why you worry about it

you need to file appliucation in local  register ofice for marriage and afer your application they ost notice for objection and if their no objection in next 30 days than you will marry with as your religion or as you want to marry and take some photograph for record and two wittness with you go to register office   they give you ceritificate for yu marriage and your marriage valid 

thnks 

kumar   13 July 2016

We are mature both are above 22 age. When i approached register office they said one parent should be present as witness and it is mandatory as per new GO in tamil nadu. Please can some one guide me.

I need to do marriage now and later after 2 months we will reveal that to parents and if they are ok will start a new life along with their permission else we tend to start new life by our own..

Is their any chennai advocate who can help me on this.

Mukesh sharma (job )     13 July 2016

Hi dear kumar if you parents not agree with your marriage design thna you need to file application in register for marriage and submitt your age certificate like your 10 marksheet or yout birth certificate and other some document 

they sent notice for your parents and paste on notice board and its 30  day time to after give you application and if their no obejction from any one than you marry in next 30 day 

you need to present in office of register he give you certificate you need to show your marriage photo and you go with two witnees they have nay of them your friend or else 

not your parents is mandatory  

if you seek help of lawyer than you need to contact in local court and you may find some good lawyer their 

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register