Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kushal.ashok@gmail.com (Student)     23 September 2015

How to register inter-country marriage

Hi

I am a Hindu boy living in Panchkula with permanent residence in Ghaziabad, UP. I married a girl from Bhutan as per hindu ceremony with the consent of my parents in February 2014.

Since then I have been trying to get my marriage registered under Hindu Marriage Act at the Dadri tehsil but there have been objections (verbal only) raised like the following:

1) Need proof that girl is a Hindu

2) Need presence of girl's family (Her parents are no more and siblings are not reachable)

3) The girl needs Indian citizenship

After visiting various courts and offices, I am quite confused and need expert advice on how to get my marriage registered. Following are the documents available:

1) Letter from priest / pandit who performed the ceremony

2) Letter from a gazetted officer who attended the marriage as a witness

3) Marriage video and photographs

4) Groom's Driving license / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar  with ghaziabad, UP address.

5) Bride's PAN card / Aadhar card / PNB passbook with panchkula, Haryana address.

6) Bride's Bhutanese passport and letter from embassy stating her address of residence in India

Please note that I had also performed a separate ceremony at Arya Samaj Mandir in February 2014 as per which we received an Arya Samaj Marriage Certificate issued in Delhi but I am not sure how to use it for marriage registration since none of us have a residence proof of Delhi.

Any help will be much appreciated. I need to get a marriage certificate as soon as possible for purpose of applying a dependent VISA.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register