Indian & Russian Register Marriage help

Hello,

Im from Chennai and my girlfriend is from Russia, we are in malaysia currently, we tried to marry here, but here they ask for single status certificate, but in my case i cannot get form embassy here in malaysia, so we are planning to register marriage under spcial marriage act in Chennai. I would like to know detail descripttion of process and document required. Im in Malaysia, is it possible that all process can be done without our presence in india through lawyer, after notice period we can come one day and marry in chennai, as we both are working, its hard for us to take long holidays.

Thanks for your valuable responses,

Regards,

Ganesh

legal advisor

You both can marry under foreign marriage act

Thanks Saravanan for your reply. If i try to register marriage in Malaysia, here i need to prove as i am single, for which i need following, which i see nearly impossible to get,

Unmarried certificate from Tahsildar or Excutive Magistrate should be attested by Ministry of External Affairs.

legal advisor

i meant to say that you can register your marriage in chennai under foreign marriage act

Thanks.

Saravanan would you be able to take our case?  or suggest someone who can handle?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x