Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Purushottam M   18 March 2020

Property tax for residential apartment in hyderabad

Hello Sir,

I own a Residential Apartment(Flat) in a Gated Community in Miyapur,Hyderabad. My flat comes under GHMC Chandanagar Circle. I am staying in this community since August2017, I have paid my property tax for 2018-19 and 2019-20 financial years. Our Community has two phases, Phase 1 i.e. in which I am staying has got Occupancy Certificate for the building in February 2020. Though the online copy has been sent to us. With that online copy along with old property tax receipts I have written an application to the GHMC to reasses my property tax as at the time of tax computation 25% excess was taken from us due to Non availability of Occupancy Certificate.Please advise how to deal further in matter. I don’t want to pay any bribe to anyone.

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 March 2020

Is it your sole case of property tax ? 

Whether GHMC have demanded any other amount and/or reflected tax "outstanding" against the property ?

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Purushottam M   19 March 2020

Thank you for the reply Dr. J.C.Vashishta sir, There is no outstanding amount as such and there are 350 odd flats in Phase1 and 70 odd owners have paid tax... For rest of the owners GHMC is not even sending notices and when we pay tax then they expect amount for every thing... Ghmc people have told me to meet in April 2nd week with all the documents (including the sale deed, property tax receipts). Yes while tax computation they charged us Rs.3000/-. Please advise. Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register