Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roop Singh   13 November 2020

Property related query

Hi Team,

Here is the case of property where my father has not written will and registered it and we 3 sons and daughter. how to go about and resolve the issue with out any disputes. My father has written his wise in a sheet of paper and signed it.

Regards,

Roop Singh

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 November 2020

A will is neither required to be registered nor stamped.Will can be executed even on a plain paper .A valid will requires signature of testator and two witnesses.You should all honour the wish of your father and divide the property as per wish of your father which he expressed in sheet of paper.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 November 2020

As per your father's wish, divide the property and better to execute a registered Partition Deed.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     13 November 2020

Honor your deceased father's will else there are chances to get yourself into criminal prosecution by others. 

The will need not to be stamped or be typed in dummy paper. It is enough if someone after writing it and put it under his pillow and slept for ever!

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     14 November 2020

It is better to get the paper probatedas Will, provided it's written covering the salient features of a valid Will duly witnessed by two people competent to be Witnesses. If it's a valid Will duly probated by legal heirs, act accordingly. 

Otherwise, involve elders in the familyAve a get together with all legal heirs, prepare a Settlement Deed using the paper written by your father as guidance. Get such Settlement Deed Registered.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 November 2020

Very well analysed and advised by experts, I agree.

Honour wish of deceased.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 November 2020

"My father has written his wise in a sheet of paper and signed it"

Is it 'wise' or wish? If a wish, what is the wish? Other than your father's signature, are there any witnesses?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register