Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sammelan Kavi (Software)     25 March 2011

Property in Mulund

Hello Legal experts

I am making this post on behalf of one old lady (65+) and her bedridden husband. Lady works as domestic help in nearby houses and husband is at home. Both of her Daughters are married and not exactly in position to assist parents.

They are residing in approx 100 sqft room in one chawl style building under Pagadi system in suburban mumbai. There is another such building in vicinity and both buildings are owned by same person and both are in bad state due to lack for repairs.

Landlord is a renowned person in his area and does seem to have political connections. Fair market value of her property would be about 10 lakhs (plus or minus few)

Owner wants all of the tenants in both buildings to evict for redevelopment of the plot BUT he is only willing to give verbal assurances to tenant that they will get place in new building. He is refusing to sign any documents or provide any written contract or pay them rent to get another place.

Only other alternative that landlord is offering to those who cannot wait is lump sum of 3 lakhs or a residence in some remote area (I think it was Titwala). Lady can definitely not commute for her domestic work for practical reasons and it is unlikely that she will get any employment in remote area.

Few of the tenants have taken some money and abandoned building. About 70% of people (all in similar situations) are stuck with nowhere to go.

Can anyone of you lawyers help these helpless people in either getting them a fairer settlement or at least a valid documented contract instead of just verbal assurances?

Your opinions and contributions are highly appreciated.

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     25 March 2011

Go to court , you will get relief.

Sammelan Kavi (Software)     25 March 2011

Dear Sir

Thank you for replying. I am not a lawyer myself. I not resident of the building so

I am not party to the case. I would work more like a help in this case.

Will you be willing to take their case on their behalf? If yes, please send

me your phone number.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     26 March 2011

who will attain the court?she may get free legal aids but other expences she has to bear.

Adv. Sunil (PARTNER)     26 March 2011

Dear Sammelan kavi, Please let me know the matter in briefly with other documentary prooofs.

I can guarantee that the Justice Shall be done to the occupants. No person in the world can evict any person fron any house, unit or tenement without the consent of the occupNT or without due course of law.

I am ready to take up your matter without any cost thereof, however the Out of Pocket expenses shall have to be reimbursed later on getting permanent Alternate Accommodation ONLY...

My no. is 9819895456....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register