LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Mishra (Asst. Manager)     22 November 2011

Pf withdrawal

Hi, I applied for my PF withdrawal after filling in requisite forms. Few months later I checked my status online and came to know that my cheques ( amounting to Rs. 10649 & Rs. 4938) got returned from my bank and I was required to send signed and stamped advance receipts to PF office and this event happened in Oct. 2010. I deposited all the requisite documents asked from me. I again tried to check my status online but to my dismay got the same feedback "in process" everytime. I recently filed a online grievance for my claim settlement but I was shocked to see the reply from EPF office which stated :

" PF claim has been sttled for Rs. 12376, which was earlier amounting to Rs. 15587" and my grievance is being treated non actionable.

I have all the communication papers & emails with me for proof, now what can I do to know exactly whats going on and how can I ask for all the information regarding to my PF account.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Mishra

Learning

9 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 November 2011

First you approach the concerned pf office and give your application and petition related your query by RPAD. If they not reply then on basis of the acknowlegedment  recepit and details you file a suit against the department.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     22 November 2011

It would be better to meet the officer in person or through a known person/consultant to check the records. There are instances of fraud where the PF cheques were encahsed by some persons by forgery. Inspection of records would give a clear picture and facilitate appropriate action. If deficiency found out and the amount was encahsed by fraud or so, a consumer case can be filed with consutaltation of a lawyer.

vasudevan

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2011

The PF office sends the payment advice with cheque to bank-branch of the member by redg/speed post and copy of payment advice to member by normal post. The bank has to credit the cheque and inform the member.

Why the cheques were returned by bank?

Did the PF office called the cheques back from the banker?

BM of your bank-branch can clarify.

Has the PF office deducted some amount (15587-12376) for having to call back the cheques, and thereafter have settled the claim amount to amount of Rs.12376?

You may pick up phone and speak to concerned APFC/RPFC whose name has appeared in your online complaint and speak to him/her if you are at a distant location or raise RTI.

Abdul saleem (senior executive)     28 December 2011

Dear Sir,

I was working in Delhi since 2006 to 2010 and resingned from a company and after the said periood we have applied for PF withdrawal, unfortunately my bank account name was matching with the PF records and they returned the amount. subsequently we have submitted the fresh application and correct bank account and the same was not processed yet. Again as I discussed with my employer reprasentative (HR department) and he has been confirmed that all my previous applications are rejected and asked me to submit fresh application third time and we did accrodingly.

It is almost 11/2 year now third application also rejected and sent the application and documents back to my kerala address as I am settled in Kerala. Stating that my PF account already they settled( but there is no payment yet credited into my bank account, I have contacted customer care executive and they clearly mentioned that there is no payments returned from my bank account.

I have tried to contact the PF officials through email and over phone but failed there is no response to talk to them and even I can't personally visit the office.

Can you please advice me how to know the status through RTI and how to claim this amount legally?

Expecting your favorable response

Regards,

Abdul Saleem

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 December 2011

You should not have allowed the matter linger on for such a long time.

You may get:

-the POD, of submission of all forms by your employer to concerned PF office and acknowledgment issued by PF office to your employer against each of your form submitted by employer.

-the detail of settlement e.g. date of passing the claim, cheque number, amount date and certified copy of POD of cheque, and bank address at which cheque was dispatched and proof of clearance of the cheque. Once you have got it you may demand proof of deposit of cheque and if cheque was returned, the POD for the delivery of returned cheque.

This seems to be the case of chaos at o/o PF office and bank. Bank isduty bound to inform you in writing about receipt of your cheque and to supply you the copy of payment advice received from PF office along with cheque.

You should now transact in writing only, by letter under proper acknowledgment, followed by email, to employer, PF office, bank

Manmohan Singh (Sr. Officer)     02 January 2012

Hi,

I had applied for my PF withdrawal application but they have rejected my application. They queried me that my name is not matching with their records. My name is 'Manmohan Singh' and the have my name 'Man Mohan Singh' in there records. The only difference between both is a space between Man and Mohan.

Any body please suggest me. What do i do to get my PF withdrawal.

Regards

Manmohan

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 January 2012

Employee submits PF forms to employer. If you have written your name as Manmohan Singh you are not at fault.

Kindly check your PF accumulation reports, and see how your name is updated in records. Approach your employer and your employer can varify your name.

Abdul saleem (senior executive)     06 January 2012

Dear Sir,

I have been contacted by the HR representative today regarding the PF withdrawal status, as per the PF records my PF claims are already settled on Nov'2011 and they didn't provided the payment details as per his request.

It is almos 2 year now after my resignation and right now I am working abroad, can you please guide how can we legally claim this from Kerala( my home town and I already relocated after the resignation from the said company in Mar'2010.

Expecting your valuable reply.

Regards,

Abdul Saleem

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 January 2012

You can raise RTI to obtain:

-date of passing the claim, cheque number, amount date and certified copy of POD of cheque, and bank address at which cheque was dispatched and proof of clearance of the cheque.from PF office.

-proof of deposit of cheque and if cheque was returned, the POD for the delivery of returned cheque.from bank.

You may also decide on availing services of a PF consultant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register