LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Employee   25 June 2016

Forced resignation

I' am 42 years of age working at a reputed private insurance company.

In the past also, I have worked with many reputed companies in the industry.

I' am being continuously harassed and being threatened to be out of job just because of my age and not being a chartered accountant.

I have an experience of more than 17 years and considered as an expert in my domain. I automated the whole process and implemented applications to enhance the process and command a good respect within the team.

Now that I have a high salary package and not being a chartered accountant, I' am being discriminated. I may lose my job at any point of time as per my discussion with my manager.

I tried searching for another job but not getting any calls.

What should I do in such circumstances? Please advise urgently.

Learning

3 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     26 June 2016

your story is not very uncommon. corporate structure is pyramid in shape and as you go up there is lesser room. i would look at it lesser from a legal standpoint as even if you are released most likely company would be professional enough to pay all your dues (as you say it is reputed). from a professional standpoint you have to justify your salary to your management. maybe develop new skills, do certifications, be more proactive, take new responsibilities, show leadership skills. also new jobs at your level will rarely come from sites such as naukri. try personal references. all the best!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2016

Record all threats (audio/visual/witnessed/minuted) for use at appropriate time in appropriate forum, if the need be.

If the need be and you have irefutable evidence, you may stake claim to damages.

Apply your skills and retain the current employment, till you firm up next venture.

Skills are a requisite and that you claim to have.

Download the evidence of good job done and finetune your resume.

Employees that are not part of unions, are ill infromed are easy to be targeted.

Retain access to a good service matters lawyer and build record for future use.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 June 2016

I personally feel that it is your personal problem where legal issues are not involved for the present.  The employer can always give notice and find fault and further harass before termination of your job.

Being an expert, at the age of +40 you might have earned enough experience and confident of finding alternate employment.  If the employer finds that your package is more, negotiate for a lesser salary for the present and then hunt for alternate jobs.

This attitude with most employers and "use and throw" individuals, considering work force as "disposable is becoming more common to boost profits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register