Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     16 February 2010

film star dharminder has two wife???wht is matter???

film star dharminder has two wives???wht is matter???

if he is hindu then how it is possible???

Learning

23 Replies

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     16 February 2010

There is no problem if the first wife does not object. By the way, why are you so much surprised?

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     16 February 2010

one is legal wife; another is girl friend. Please donot say ' illegal wife' - i am fan of hemaji.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     16 February 2010

'What is matter?' - have you not seen the muscells of dharmendr sub?

mia bibi raji to keya karega kazi?

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     16 February 2010

he is celebrity she is celebrity - there is no question of law - it is true that law do not permit the law is bigger than anybody. irrespective of his being anything law is law for everybody. we may not take this for discussions better.

Alok Motan (Advocate)     16 February 2010

may be we donn knw something................we all are missing the fact which is not known to everyone..........

Mr. Dharmendra......to get married to Mrs. Hema Malini...changed his religion.......to Muslim.....

Alok Motan (Advocate)     16 February 2010

dont want to hurt anyone's feeling...... may be i am wrong but this is what i got to know being his fan........

rsr (owner)     17 February 2010

Yes, Alok Motan is right.. People misuse religion and law just for their personal benefits. Both of Dharmendra's wifes are legal wife as per islamis marriage law. they are muslim just on paper but follow Hindu Religion.

This matter came to light when Dharmendra was flighting for MP on BJP ticket and opposition Parties raised this issue on electoral campaign to humiliate him and BJP.

ad. creaminall (professional Advocate)     17 February 2010

hindu law does not allowed two wife. sameproblem arose when rajkapoor wanted to marry with nargis both of them approached Mr. morarjibhai desai (was the chief minister of maharashtra at that time) for their help and he refused to help them against the law. and in the matter of dharminer, he has changed his religeon and converted as muslim to marry with hema malini.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     17 February 2010

I am very much surprised by Trivedi Sir's comment. Is it true that law does not apply for celebreties !!? 

It is not that law does not apply. Rather, society approves their mistakes but not law.

2 Like

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     17 February 2010

LAW IS BIGGER THAN ANY BODY. LAW APPLY AVERY BODY EVEN DHARMENRA AND HEMA ARE CELEBRETIES .

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 February 2010

These are just a matter of daily routine in this Country of Mahatma: that is Law is blind towrards the Big, Beautyful and the Mighty but comes down heavily and solemnly on those children of lesser God by the guardians of Law that is the Police, Courts and the Government. The acts of Dharmendra and Hemamalini is plainly contrary to law.

Mrs. Hetal Sunil Shah (Advocate)     17 February 2010

Better we may not go on discussing said issue - law is law for every body they are law evaders under one or other pretext and adopting muslim religion or so on it will not yeild anything much for us we know it is an offence when one wife is alive and it is an offence under IPC. Of course this thread will increase our knowlege - but betr we go for some other things which help somebody and yield some valuable things for public in general. Hope we shall all dear hon'ble members shall stop this thread here and close for discussions.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     17 February 2010

very good sucharita, rightly said, "socirty approves their mistakes but not law"

in my words, society may ignore, but not law. according to law, first wife may sue today also, if dharmendra ji completes the seven steps.  but right to sue vested on first wife only. is she alive?

so far i know, relationship established long ago. when today's young generation not taken birth. and hemaji was very young. to stop taking action, dharmendarji decleared for convertion, but while his first wife did not move , he also did not convert. it is to say that - a celebraty is out of law is only a humour. we all know what is fact.

such types of cases are very common among the film and political arena. please keep your eyes and ears open - you will find a lot.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     17 February 2010

'Fly' from the thread is not a solution.

we should judge the respective law, whether the concerned law, ie, sec 5(i), sec 17, of the Hindu Marriage Act, & sec 494 & 497 of IPC is perfect or not.. Why a hindu will lost his religious rights by an act , what is the reason; justification reasonability behind it?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register