LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharat   12 September 2015



              I belong to SC community.In my area we are treated as untouchables.From the childhood I was insulted and humiliated at so many places.So I was totally frustrated.I belong to a very poor family.Unforunately I fell in love with a girl(unmarried) of higher caste.I had made it clear that I belong to untouchable community.She said that SHE HAS NO PROBLEM.We got marrige in 2006 in a temple then we did registered marriage.But after marriage when she went to my village she faced the real situation.And just after 1 year she startted humiliating and torturing me saying me as untouchable and also said that i can not adjust here in this way.Whenever any misunderstanding arises she always demands for a divorce.By then she was a mother of one child.I became emotionally cut off from her.I was deeply hurt.She has hurt me so many times.Now we r having two chieldren.But  her attitude did not change.She always wanted to dominate us saying ,you are low caste u dont know anything etccc...Which became unbearable .So I felt mentally detached from her and got attracted towards some other woman.My wife was demanding divorce till last year but when  I agreed to give divorce she is not agreed for mutual divorce.But I want to marry some other lady.Please give right guidence.I am a govt emplyee.


 4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 September 2015

file a contested divorce case against her on grounds of cruelty.but till you get divorce you need to keep off the relationship with other woman as it may weaken your divorce case


why she does not want mutual divorce ? whats in her mind? she had 2 kids. that may weaken your case and also your relationship with other women may do the same. but first ask her why she does not want mutual ?

Chetana   13 September 2015

I want divorce. wife left after 8 months of marriage and left house with her parents. we are separated from 21/2 years now. i tried my best with my family to bring her back but she never came back.till now no case has been filled and both side is silent on this. Enough time i lived alone and very bad. considering all the pros and cons; Now i do not want her back in any case and want to part my way legally. What should i do? i do not know where she lives and they probably have no idea about me. she was a employee in MNC Company and get well salary. from my side i loss my job also. so with out any obligation i want divorce. kindly do needfull advise me.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 September 2015

if you have proofs for the reconcilation efforts you took to bring her back to the matrimonial home which she eventually turned down then you can file for contested divorce on grounds of cruelty and desertion as it has been more than two years that she wilfully left from the matrimonial home

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register