LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Sr. Manager-Civil Projects)     07 November 2011

Commercial usage of society premises

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of a co-operative society where only society is formed by Builder but the committee members are not yet registered and maintenance is being withdrawn by builder since last 2 years. To run the society we have formed a committee by our mutal understanding (but nor registered with registrar )and have given them the rights to for maintaining the society on condition to inform & update the monthly happenings.

But since last 7 months the committe members have stopped providing any sort of information and are taking decision by their own without calling and general body meeting.Recently they have rented out the gymnasium to some agency for commercial use without any information to any of the residents.

I would like to know, what action shall be taken by residents on this committee and what is the process to disolve this committee?


 5 Replies


It must be registered who'll call for General Body meetings, books of account amongst many other things.


TO write letter to registrar and request to call for  general meeting  and also  all purchaser of flat make application to registrar of society to appoint administator.


Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     07 November 2011

All members of society give a application to society chairman/committee for objection of commercial use and copy of application give at Registrar of Societies.


Gymanasium is not exactly objectionable.Everywhere in the world health providers are not considered commercial.For maintainence plus prohibits.


Correction: PROFITS instead of PROHIBITS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads