LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mg   13 August 2017

Action against chairman & mc of coop hos soc

Dear Sir,


Please guide me on following,

Today I went to my society office with grievance of  repeatedly wrong maintenance bill showing hefty arrears, payment balance despite I had paid all & due maintenance bill payment till Jul'17. I had reconciled my account and explained them, provided all required payment receipt of monthly maintenance in the month of June'17. No maintenance bill received for month of Jul'17 but maintenance of July'17 paid, remittance were made as per usual monthly gross amount, However, maintenance bill of Aug'17 shows hefty arrears/ outstanding. When I went to office to raise the query and my concern/ grievance with the MC and Chairman present there, they said we are middle of something you come afterwards. When I said I just want to tell you only that, that my monthly maint. bill again showing huge outstanding when in June month end only we have reconciled and you agreed that there is no outstanding of dues, but he got bugged onto me and Chairman and one of the committee member sitting beside him asked me to GET OUT of the Ofice.

Sir, please guide me of what appropriate legal action can I take against Chairman and one of the committee member for their misbehaviour with me, for insulted me before people present there in soc office and also for wrong monthly maintenance billing under provisions the Co-Op Hos Soc Act/Byelaws.





 9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2017

You can give complaint with full details to the registrar of cooperative societies if the society is registered. 

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 August 2017

Please mention in which State and city are you. Co-operative laws are different from State to State.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2017

Yes, the Chairman is wrong. But the response needs to be with dignity and stature, not through skirmishes. 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2017

In future keep witnesses with you and record (audio/visual) if possible for you.


The holding of office also demands holding courtsey, dignity and self respect... 

1 Like

mg   13 August 2017

Thank you all for your valuable comments in response.

My coop soc is Registerd from Thane city in Maharashtra




mg   13 August 2017

My soc is Registered coop hos soc at Thane city in Maharashtra


Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2017

You are welcome.


Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 August 2017

You complaint is twofold.

1. Dispute with regard to your account with the Society

2. Rude behaviour of the MC members.

1. Your accounts:

If you are sure about the accounts you need not pay if you have already paid. You write a letter to them to that effect with acknowledgement. If they do not acknowledge your letter send the letter by registered AD. If it does not yield  results you can complain to the Assistant Registrar/Deputy Registrar pertaining to your Municipal Ward. Your complaint should be clean and clear. You enclose copies of all bills received by you, payments made by you and also of demands made in excess till date. Normally the registrar will mark your letter to your Society for their reply.  You send the copies in duplicate to the Registrar so that he can keep one copy with him.  Further action will depend on the reply received from the Society. Alternatively you can send your complaint to the consumer court. You cannot complain to both the places at the same time. If you complain first to the Registrar, you can send your complaint to the consumer court only if you do not receive satisfactory resolution within 2 months.

2. As regards alleged rude behaviour it is very difficult to take further action.

If you want you can contact me on 7738958131. You will have to send me or give me particulars of all your account. I am not a lawyer. But I have knowledge of co-operative laws in Maharashtra.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2017

You can benefit from the experience of Dr. MPS Ramani..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query