30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Urgent about Registration of property

(Querist) 07 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Hello All,

I want ur valuable suggetions on following.

One of my known person have purchased one property in 1977 but he didn't pay stamp duty or registered that property till today. Now he want to register that property. In such case wat should he do. I want a proper advice & if anyone able to send any case or any document related to this then it will be much helpful. Pls send it at earliest.

Thanks in Anticipation.
GOPI KRISHNA (Expert) 07 August 2008
your known person has to approach the vendor/owner of the property or from whom he has purchased in 1977 for execution of sale deed in his favour before the jurisdictional sub-registrar by paying present applicable stamp duty
pornimashah (Querist) 07 August 2008
thanks gopi but r u sure that he has to pay stamp duty by current rate or he is liable for amnesty scheme. will u pls provide me any case.
GOPI KRISHNA (Expert) 07 August 2008
i don't think any amnesy scheme available for payment of stamp duty, but to my knowledge stamp duty on current guidence value and not on the amount shown in the agreement
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 07 August 2008
Yes he has to pay the stamp duty as per the present rate. To be frank as there was no registered sale deed for the past agreement, the registering authority will consider it as a sale occuring at present and will demand stamp duty as per current rates.
V.Raghavan (Expert) 09 August 2008
Mr.Srinivas is correct the current rate of the stamp duty should be paid. This is going to be the original sale and whatever the consideration paid earlier the value of the propertyfor the stamp duty will be calculated on the basis of the current guideline value of the particular property.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 09 August 2008
If the concerned person has that property in maharshtra, now amnesty scheme is in force.
pornimashah (Querist) 09 August 2008
i want any case regarding this
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 15 August 2008
What do you mean by that?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query