25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Redevelopement of pagdi system flat. Rights of a tenant.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 May 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
I ve been staying in a pagdi system flat for last 40 years. There was no agreement to begin with though I have the rent receipts, electricity bills and other address proofs with me. A public notice has appeared in a news paper asking for declaration of any interest in the land as the landlord wants to sell his rights to a developer.
What are we as tenants suppoed to do? should we inform the developer that we are the tenants there?
In general, what are the rules guiding such transactions? What right do we have in deciding the corpus fund, rent, extra space etc. as the agreement would eventually occur between the land lord and the builder?
if we have to seek legal help, who should we approach?

Guest (Expert) 04 May 2011
In reply of the public notice, you may file an objection through some local advocate dealing with Rent Control Act. You may also seek for stay order through your advocate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query