Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

filed Fake/False Jewellry Bills

(Querist) 01 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Hi all
I am having a matrimonial dispute with my wife. She has filed a false 498a/406 against me in which she has clamied that she and her parents have spend more than 16 lakhs. Out of which she has clamied that her parents has given gold ornaments worth Rs.5,00,000 /-...

For this, she only produces a false & fabricated chits of ROUGH ESTIMATE (not the bills, without adding VAT / SALES TAX) for Rs.80,000 /- of one of jeweller.

The jeweller has make statement infront of police officals also that " I HAS SOLD THE JEWELLRY TO HER BUT BY THAT TIME i DON'T HAVE ANY BILL BOOK. I HAVE SOLD GOLD ORNAMENTS BY SMALL ROUGH CHITS"

I have read sometime in this form that to know the details of some private entity we should consult the concerned govt. department under which that entity have to report.

For this I filed one RTI application to the SALES TAX Department (Vayapaar Bhawan) and the reply they has given me is :-

“ The jeweler named “ ********* **** *** ” is not a registered dealer with the Department.”

From reliable sources also I came to know that one of lthe official have gone to that shop owner and taken his statement also with the jeweller's bank's statement.

Now my questions are"-
1. What kind of extra information shuld I ask the sales tax department, so that it can be proved that the jeweller has not concealed the sales for Rs. 80,000/- by Feb,2007.
2. What kind of information should I ask from the sales tax department that how can a sales be made of Rs.80,000/- ,if there is no purchase.
3. How can I get the copy of the statement of that jeweler, which is given by the jeweler to the sales tax department
4. How can I be permitted to inspect the file.
Plz. Help me urgent

Rajesh Thakker (Expert) 15 August 2009

Please intimate to the Directorate of Income-tax department with details. The Department will asked your father in law about the source of purchase of the said ornaments. If it is fake, certainly he will put in trouble.

2. Ask the copy of bills from the court through your lawyer. The Court will give you an opportunity to examine the jeweler as well as your father in law. At that time you can prove your side that all bills are fabricated.

Your matter is not harmful to you, if it fabricated by your father in law.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :