LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

contract issues

(Querist) 05 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
This is with regards to a contract employment-- we 2 employees employed on a contract by an indian contractor but working for an MNC from the past 25 & 12 years respectively.. Off late we are having a lot of issues with our contract..It has not been renewed from the past six months but we have been receiving salary.. Now they tried taking one employee out but was not able to do as is surfaced the contract documentation was inappropriate.. Now they have been asked by the MNC to close this contract and put us in the indian pay role.. The contractor wants us to sign a document of acceptance on the same.. They will pay us us PF accumulated and gratuity.. they want us to wipe the years of service we have put in.. and start fresh in the new company , but we are reluctant as we know we wont be in that employment for more than 6 months as then they have a right to check us out.. Secondly can we claim retrenchment compensation due to closure of the old contract or any way to account for the years we have put it...

Request an urgent response as this will have to be closed by next month
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 08 February 2009
can you tell us the conditions that have been incorporated in the agreement?
Olivia (Querist) 09 February 2009
The contract document that was issued by the contractor is on a plain letter has been renewed year after year.. and off late the mnc says the document is illegal . The contrator and the mnc both were refusing to acknowlege us as their employees.This was on for 6 months and now the contractor has come with this proposal.. ( THE MNC has asked them to close it.. and they would reimburse the gratuity amount).. They want us to settle for that and close our accountability of the no of years we have put in..
Olivia (Querist) 13 February 2009
Request if somebody could respond on this matter.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query