Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

veeraraghavan (service)     26 October 2014

To vacate old small shop tenants

Dear Experts,

Two tenants occupying two separate shops, in a portion of an old building, They are in possession of the shops for a very long time, that is to say more than 40 years.  Rest two shops are vacant  for around 10 years in the building. The back portion of the building is occupied by us for taking tuition etc. We are staying in another old house in the same compound.

They are paying rent. Needless to say they are paying very small amount as rent. One shopkeeper keeps a book, to record payment of rent on which we will put signature. Other tenant pays by cheque now.

There are no rent agreement or anything available. We want to demolish the old building for a new building. How to vacate them? will there be any difficulties in vacating them since they are occupying for very long time.

Will the law favor them by adverse possession?

please advice me what is the procedure to get  them to vacated?


 2 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     27 October 2014

I too want to know.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2014

If the building is in old and dilapidated condition needing urgent reconstruction, you may issue notice asking them to vacate for the said reasons, if they do not respond, you may initiate a n eviction suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query