Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasulu (SSE)     27 November 2012

To file case in consumer court

Hi,

I have purchased a new mobile(Sony Xperia Sola) in Univercell, Madivala, Bangalore, which is of worth 20,600 Rs. From day one it has the network issues. I gave the mobile back to them 3 times and almost 3 months of time to get the defect fixed, but not fixed. It has the same problem now also, I am not using that because of the network issue in it. I have asked them to give a new mobile without defect or my money back, they have not done anything. Even I met manager of Univercell and asked for the solution, he said he cant give either money or new mobile. Even I have spoken with the Sony service center manager and asked for a solution and he is not giving any solution for this.

The worst thing is, when I gave the mobile for the second time, they have swapped the mobile and for that they are not giving the bill, when asked, either Univercell or Sony is not responding to that.

I am frustrated with this. I have gone to the shop several times, but not proper response.

I have all the bills with me, dont know how to file a case in consumer court. Please help me in this regard. Hope I will get justice.

Regards,

Srinivas

Learning

3 Replies

bhushanrameshpatil (Team Leader)     27 November 2012

Srinivasulu

Since you have mentioned the price of the mobile set as Rs. 20600/-.  As per the details given the mobile is in warranty period. The complaint can be filed with the District Consumer forum is the forum for institution of complaintsince the cost of the instrument and the cost of the damage/compensation  .Complaint can be filed by the complainant himself. If further need consult a local lawyer. The address and further procedure of District forum shall be communicated by him.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 November 2012

Since the local seller/dealer, service centre, manager of the company are not providing the relief sought by you, you may log onto the website of the company and escalate to local Regional Head ,customer care in HO , Nodal Officer, MD, Company Secretary { whose contact details you shall find from web site of the company or from the dealer and your own resources}, and raise your specific complaint, lapses and deficiencies caused to you and relief and compensation sought by you and time frame within which you want the resolution to reach you, say within …7 days by redg. post on letterhead of the company under original seal and signature of competent employee of the company with his/her name/designation/dept/address with pin code email id, phone number written below his name. Avoid telephonic discussion. Prefer written communication.

Issue reminders and seek reply and resolution within specific time say…7 days by redg. post.

If the higher management does not respond or adhere to your instructions you may issue notice to revert in next 7 days ort you shall be constrained to approach the institutions of print and electronic media, police, lawyer/law firm, NGO’s, public-social-legal portals, govt. regulators, TRAI, courts of law, consumer forum, lok adalat etc at their cost and consequences.

Company may respond to your notice or legal notice by your lawyer or you may pull them to DCDRF. You can file on your own or thru representative or lawyer handling consumer cases.

Some of the consumer help organizations have been doing good job. You can approach them and tame and shame the company. If the company Airtel which is known to be adamant and recalcitrant remains unapologetic they deserve it.

https://www.mouthshut.com/

complaint@network18online.com

pehredar@moneycontrol.com

https://ashisha.com/consumer/

www.grahakseva.com/

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2013

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register