LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srk (Service)     31 March 2018

Termination of a registered lease agreement

Dear Experts, i would like to know how to terminate a registered Lease Agreement without the consent of the lesee, I have leased my property to an manufacturer with a 2 year lock in period and 10 year lease, after only 13 months lesee stared defaulting on the rent and never paid the next 6 months rent, i got him evicted after a legal battle in the court, what happens to the registered Lease agreement now? I have new tenants interested in leasing the property, 

can i terminate the lease agreement in the registrar office based on eviction order issued by the court?

what will happen to the unpaid rent that he owes me if the registered lease Agreement is terminated, is leasee still bound to pay the due?

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 March 2018

Please show the clauses in such lease agreement, where one clause states that continuous defaulting of rent brings the lease agreement to end.  You can file recovery case for arrears of rent.  Dues are always dues, first issue legal notice informing of termination of lease and then demand for payment of arrears within 15 days and threaten him recovery proceedings through court, if rent not paid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register